Chondrosarcomas occur in mice with conditional inactivation of the gene, exostoses (multiple) 1 (Ext1) and in some varieties of CD1 and NOD mice. This image shows a tibial lesion with ample chondroblasts.
Kavirayani AM, Sundberg JP, Foreman O. Primary Neoplasms of Bones in Mice: Retrospective Study and Review of Literature. Vet Pathol. 2011 Feb 22. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 21343597; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC3151475.
Powered by Facebook Comments
- Slide of the Week: Hereditary Multiple Exostosis, October 3rd, 2011
- Comparative Pathology: Neuroendocrine tumor of the prostate, May 28th, 2011
- Comparative Pathology: Prostate Adenocarcinoma, May 14, 2011
- Comparative Pathology: Breast Biopsy with Ductal Hypercellularity, July 11th, 2011
- Comparative Pathology: Elevated WBC Following Stress Event