Medullary carcinoma of the thyroid gland of 485 days old Rb+/- female mouse. Courtesy of Dr. Alexander Nikitin, Cornell University. Remember that Rb LOH contributes to neuroendocrine tumorigenesis in knock out animals.
Randolph, GW and D Maniar. Medullary Carcinoma of the Thyroid. Cancer Control 2000, 7:253-261
Zhou Z, Flesken-Nikitin A, Levine CG, Shmidt EN, Eng JP, Nikitina EY, Spencer DM, Nikitin AY. Suppression of melanotroph carcinogenesis leads to accelerated progression of pituitary anterior lobe tumors and medullary thyroid carcinomas in Rb+/- mice. Cancer Res. 2005 Feb 1;65(3):787-96. PubMed PMID: 15705875.
Matoso A, Zhou Z, Hayama R, Flesken-Nikitin A, Nikitin AY. Cell lineage-specific interactions between Men1 and Rb in neuroendocrine neoplasia. Carcinogenesis. 2008 Mar;29(3):620-8. Epub 2007 Sep 24. PubMed PMID: 17893233.
Powered by Facebook Comments
- Slide of the Week: Medullary Thyroid Cancer, September 5th, 2011
- Comparative Pathology: Lung cancer, July 4th, 2011
- Comparative Pathology: Lobular Breast Cancer, March 9, 2011
- Comparative Pathology: Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the Lung, June 20th, 2011
- Comparative Pathology: Carcinoid in the Lung, July 25th, 2011